What we believe
What we believe about the God who drew us together is central to our family at Grace Church. Our denomination, the Fellowship of Evangelical Churches, provides us with the governing articles of faith which reflect our understanding of our Triune God who has both created and redeemed us through the Son of God, Jesus Christ.
As we seek to faithfully preach and teach God’s Word each week, we do so under the accountability of these articles. Below is our succinct statement of faith provided by the church leadership.
statement of faith
- the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
As followers of Jesus affirm their faith in Christ through baptism, we encourage and welcome them into church membership under a membership covenant, which allows for the public affirmation of the commitment of the believer to the church and the church to the believer.