December 16 1-3 pm
Grace Church is partnering with Tazewell County Health Department and Peoria Rescue Ministries to serve those with financial difficulties in our surrounding community, focusing especially on families with children.
Here’s how you can help…
We’re looking for 30 families, small groups, or groups of friends to sign up to “adopt a family” for the Christmas Season. You will be given a family profile prepared by the host organization with relevant information about needed items you can purchase. We will match an adopted family’s needs to the size of your group. This will allow you to provide for and pray for a specific area family leading up to the Christmas season. Please sign up today!
2. Donate Household Supplies
Every adopted family will be given a box of essential household supplies in addition to their Christmas gifts. If you are unable to adopt a family, this is a perfect way for you to participate.
You may bring items and drop them off in the church foyer anytime from November 26 to December 10.
- Liquid Laundry Detergent
- Paper Towels
- Facial Tissues
- Liquid Dish Soap
- 13-Gallon Kitchen Garbage Bags
- Toilet Paper
3. Assist on Celebration Day
Volunteers are needed to serve on December 16. There are four ways in which you can serve on Celebration Day!
- “Loaders” are needed to take out and load the gifts into the families’ cars.
- We need two volunteers with vans to assist getting gifts to our guests’ homes if their own transportation is inadequate.
- We also need volunteers to donate Christmas cookies for our guests and workers.
- We also need five couples to meet and greet our Adopt a Family guests, get to know them and pray with them.
If you can help assist on Celebration Day in any of these areas please click here to contact Pastor Tim Bertsche by email.